Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Summer Salad


It's cold outside. Really cold. Like most of the US, we are experiencing the polar vortex. It's the coldest day on record here in NJ. I'm not fond of winter. Not even in the slightest. It's only January and I'm ready for spring.

In order to try and fool my brain into thinking that it's not as cold out as it really is, I made a salad I usually only make in the summer. Mostly because that's when fresh strawberries are in season. I added fresh romaine lettuce, fresh pears, fresh strawberries, feta cheese and pecans. I topped it with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. As always, I hardly ever measure, so I'm doing my best to get the correct measurements.

Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
a pinch ground sage

Mix together until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment