Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Banana Nut Muffins




Banana bread is one of my favorite non chocolate items, but it can be dense. However, these muffins are really light and moist. I used some really old nasty almost black bananas. I should have taken a picture of them. They may have looked gross, but they sure did make some delicious muffins. When my bananas are getting to the point of getting too brown for me to eat, I usually freeze them for smoothies, but they also work really well for banana bread, muffins and pancakes.

I made regular size muffins and some mini muffins. I baked the mini muffins for 18 minutes. They were the perfect size for my uber picky toddler. I didn't even think he would try them, but he ate one and liked it. They were pretty darn delicious.

Banana Walnut Muffins

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
3 oz. softened cream cheese
2 old bananas, mashed
1/4 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly grease muffin pan or use paper liners. I'm a fan of liners myself. Less clean up. Cream the brown sugar, butter and cream cheese. Add bananas, sour cream and egg until combined. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts. Don't over mix. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Test with a toothpick. Makes about 18 regular muffins.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment