Wednesday, December 11, 2013

BBQ Chicken Cheddar Pizza




I make homemade pizza dough all the time. At least once a week. It's so easy and so cheap. It's great for lunch or dinner. I'll do a pizza dough post soon. I normally make the usual, margarita. But I had some rotisserie chicken left from lunch and I thought it would make a great bbq pizza. I was right. It was super easy and sooooo good. I love caramelized onions, but my boyfriend, not so much, so I just did half. Sorry for the crappy iphone pic.* I actually took it to send to a friend of mine, not thinking about posting it. This recipe is so good, I had to share.

I recently made this pizza again on my new pizza stone and desperately needed to to retake this picture. That iphone pic is just awful, but the pizza was just as delicious.


Ingredients

Pizza dough - homemade or store bought
Cooked chicken (I used leftover rotisserie)
BBQ sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese
Caramelized onions (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

If you want to add the caramelized onions, make those first by slowly browning some sliced onions in a little olive oil in a frying pan. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Roll out your pizza dough to desired thickness. (I prefer thin, my boyfriend prefers thick, I go somewhere in between.) Mix the chicken with the BBQ sauce in a bowl. How much should you use? It kind of depends on how much chicken you have and how much you want on your pizza. Use your judgment. You can always add more. Sprinkle the cheese on top and add the caramelized onions. Notice they are only on half. 

Bake for 12 - 15 minutes 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment