Tuesday, February 18, 2014

5 Minute Pizza Sauce





This is the easiest, tastiest pizza sauce you can make in under five minutes. Not to mention cheaper than that stuff in a jar. And, you know what is in it. A plus for me, since I mostly try to avoid processed food when at all possible. I try to buy organic when I can, aka when the budget allows. 



This is generally my go to pizza sauce when I haven't made my oven-dried tomato pizza sauce. I'll try to post that one soon. That's also easy to make, but takes about 2 hours to bake. If you have fresh basil, you can add a few leaves to the sauce or tear the leaves and put them on top of the cheese. Don't you love the smell of fresh basil? 


Easy Pizza Sauce
makes enough for two 12" pizzas

1 cup fire roasted tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
pinch of garlic

Using a blender, on high, blend until well combined. About a minute. 

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment